Lune de miel, luna de miel – moon of honey. It was traditional in centuries past to supply a newly married couple with enough mead for a month, ensuring happiness and fertility … a moon’s full cycle of this honeyed libation – thus, honeymoon. While you may not have an entire month to spend, your island resort honeymoon will be sweet nonetheless.
Secluded South Seas . . .
The islands of the South Pacific could quite possibly be the world’s most exotic honeymoon destination. Let them fill your imagination … Bora Bora, Moorea, Tahiti to name but a few … with their private beaches, over-lagoon villas, tropical gardens, and coral atolls as well as shades of sky- and ocean-blue that defy definition. Ready to seal this with a kiss? Keep in mind:
- Can you spend a week – or two (it’s a long, but-oh-so-worth-it flight!)?
- Does all-inclusive work best?
- Do you adore water sports – and want to snorkel, ski, scuba?
Romantic Rivieras . . .
Closer to home, but ready for (your!) romance, Mexico’s Riviera Maya (Caribbean Coast) and the Mexican Riviera (Pacific Coast) – offer honeymooners extraordinary choices. Five-star luxury? Check! All-inclusive? Check! Gentle breezes and turquoise seas? Check! What’s left to think about:
- West Coast (with its deep sea fishing and sleepy villages gone global)?
- East Coast (with its wide beaches, barrier reef, and ancient Mayan sites)?
- Non-stop or connecting flights?
Ready to go?
We are here to help you discover dozens of other options. But be sure to see the special offers shown at right that we’ve already planned for your consideration – with benefits available only from our agency!